Something about spring makes me want to shout ‘Cocktails!’
One of my very favourite tall drinks is a gin cocktail, infused with the herby delight of rosemary and smooth coolness of cucumber. Simple to make, they are a pleasure to sip as you relax in the garden. Or why not try your hand at making a jug full? Then you can ‘spring’ a surprise on your friends with this delicately-flavoured glass of deliciousness.
Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic
3 sprigs rosemary
120ml tonic water
- Peel one half of a cucumber, and slice a lime into eight wedges.
- In a tall glass, add three slices of peeled cucumber, 1 sprig rosemary, juice from a lime wedge and half of the gin.
- Muddle with the back of a spoon.
- Strain through a strainer into another tall glass.
- Add several cubes of ice, and three slices of unpeeled cucumber.
- Top with the rest of the gin and tonic, and serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Now get a deckchair, place it in the prettiest part of the garden, sit with your drink and watch the world go by!