If you like crisps but want to eat something a little healthier, and that packs in the fibre and the protein, try these little bundles of joy. You can double up the recipe, and then store them (once cooled) in an airtight container to enjoy whenever you feel a craving!
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Tip the chickpeas into a bowl and toss with the oil, paprika, cumin and coriander.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well until the chickpeas are well coated, then tip out onto a baking tray and bake for 35 mins.
- Move them round the tray halfway through so they dry out evenly and are crunchy.
- If you like them extra crispy, turn off the oven and leave them until the oven has cooled down.
- Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container.