This is a great make-ahead lunch for those who fancy a meal that’s healthy, meat-free and packed to the hilt full of plant-protein. Did I mention it’s extremely tasty too? No? Well, why not try it and see.
(By the way, you can make these extra easy by buying a couple of packets of ready cooked quinoa – or even brown rice works well).
4 Servings (or make fewer portions by halving the quantities)
1 Cauliflower, broken into florets
1 broccoli, broken into florets
1 large pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
500g quinoa, cooked according to instructions
2 cooked beetroots, sliced
100g baby spinach
100g walnuts, toasted and chopped
4 tbsp tahini
6 tbsp houmous
2 tbsp water
2 lemons: 1 juiced, 1 cut into quarters.
4 tupperware lunch bowls
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Toss the cauliflower and broccoli in the oil, then place in a large roasting tin with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Roast for 25-30 mins until cooked.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Start to layer each bowl by putting a quarter of the quinoa in each.
- Lay the slices of beetroot on top, followed by the spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and walnuts.
- Mix together the tahini, hummus, lemon juice and 2 tbsp water in a small pot.
- Before eating, drizzle over a good serving of the dressing.
- Put in a lemon wedge to squeeze over before eating.
- Lunch bowls will last in the fridge for up to 4 days.