It can be tricky being healthy, because we also want to feel satisfied. I love, LOVE, L O V E salad, but if I suspect it will leave me hungry, then I’m less likely to choose it. For me, this recipe ticks all the boxes in that it’s full of whole plant goodness, and it won’t leave you wanting another meal half an hour after you’ve eaten it.
This salad works as a meal by itself, or as a side with Mexican food, such as fajitas or chilli. Or make it to add a certain something to your weekend barbeque!
*vegan *gluten free *lower fat
- 1 400g tin black beans, opened and drained.
- 1 325g tin sweetcorn, opened and drained.
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- In a large serving bowl, toss together beans, corn, tomato, pepper, cucumber, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coriander, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, garlic, pepper, and mustard.
- Add extra lime juice and salt to taste.
- Serve cold.
(To avoid the avocado discolouring, squirt it with lime juice, and add right before serving.)